Saturday, January 12, 2008

Divine Moments

After reading through my older blogs on my myspace page, I found this post from February, 2007.

Okay, now I have been going through this bible study and reading a book called Chasing Daylight - Seize the Power of Every Moment written by Erwin Raphael McManus. I don't have permission to do the following quotes, but I will anyway in the hopes that it will inspire you, as it has me!! (It might read kinda "choppy" because I've taken all my points and thrown them together. You'll get the idea!)

"You cannot live vicariously through someone else's life. We were not created to watch from the sidelines. There is no small life when it is given away, no meaningless moments. You have no control over when or how you die, but you DO have control over how you live! Take responsibility for how you choose to live your life. Be an influence.

When you move with God, he always shows up. He calls us out of comfort into uncertainty. Faith is all about character, trusting in the character of God, being certain in who God is and following Him into the unknown. Divine moments can be fully grasped only when one moment with God is worth to you more than an eternity without Him. We must never underestimate the importance of one moment, one word, one deed in the life of another human being. But to have this kind of influence, you have to let people come close. The most important decisions of our lives will require us to forsake invisibility and risk becoming visible. (Stepping out of your comfort zone!!) Some moments carry within them the capacity to shape a lifetime. The greater that moment's opportunity, the greater the risk required. The moment in which we have the most to gain is also the moment we have the most to surrender. The journey that travels through divine moments is not an escape route from personal suffering. In fact, it strenthens our resolve to suffer in the now for the greater good that can be accomplished.

God uses the challenges we face to shape the character within us. Power without humility is a bad combination. Wealth without generosities is equally dangerous. Freedom without faith and faithfulness will lead only to corruption and death. We are our own worst enemies when our hearts are left unattended.

It is a powerful thing to give yourself away to a higher purpose. There is a healing nature in joining a greater good. When we begin to serve others in His name, we discover that our needs have been met in the process. Each of us has the power to create environments where the broken are made whole. We are all broken vessels with divine capacity. A part of our challenge is to never give up on people. Jesus refused to give up on us.

Take initiative. You know who God is, so embrace life's uncertainty. Remember that the person you are becoming in Jesus Christ is your greatest gift to others, so use your influence. Remember, it just takes one moment to change everything!

To live a prayerless life is to miss the life that God created you to experience. Prayer keeps you in step with God's Spirit and in tune to His voice. Our lives are to be a continuous conversation with God. But prayer can also be an obstacle when we hide behind prayer while the moment needs action. Don't hide behind prayer, take action - hear the command. Seize the moment! Don't let your divine moment slip by as you're making excuses."

My prayer is that I can be an influence to you, my reader. I pray that I will be able to seize my divine moments! And I pray that I will be able to lead by example, to love my neighbor, to be a witness - even without words, to be able to step out of my comfort zone and have faith and most of all, to be able to minister and share the word to my friends and family, along with any others that I encounter daily.

Let me know if how you feel after reading this. And don't forget to say a little prayer for me too.
With Love in Him!

No comments: