Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Light Your Candle

"There are two ways to spread the light. To be the candle or to be the mirror that reflects it. - Edith Wharton"

This quote speaks to me. Just as this song does by Kathy Troccoli.



I was reminded by this by reading Lori's post today. She inspires me. I find inspiration in many things lately. And some days, I just have to share the light. Even if it's just a miniscule glimpse. Other days, (as my friend Melissa has said) I have the rays of light just beaming from my fingertips.

The first time I heard this song, I was in church on a Sunday morning a few years ago and they showed a video with this song. I tell you, I don't remember being so absolutely touched like this during a song/video. And even today, it still stirs within me. So, I just had to share it.

1 comment:

DC said...

I love this quote, and I especially like the story of your family (from your January 9th post).

Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. I hope you will check in occasionally. :)